Five reasons cloud is a 'no-brainer' for SMBs
By Ian GRAYSON
Cloud computing is getting a lot of attention at the big end of town, but there are many reasons it also makes sense for smaller businesses.
Five top reasons are that the cloud:
* Removes hassle: Very few firms have the expertise in-house to keep their IT hardware and software humming all the time. Making use of cloud services overcomes this ongoing headache
* Allows for expansion: Rather than buying IT resources before you actually need them to cover future growth, the cloud allows resources to be dialed up as demand grows. This is far more cost effective
* Avoids data loss: The infrastructure used by cloud service providers is orders of magnitude more secure than any in-house systems used by an SMB. If and when disaster strikes, your data will remain safe
* Increases mobility: Giving staff mobile access to data and applications hosted in the cloud is a lot easier that doing it with in-house resources. The result is more flexible workers
* Boost productivity: The bottom line is that time saved through not having to monitor your IT gear can instead be spent on growing your business.
Cloud computing is really a no-brainer for SMBs.
|Subscribe to Hydrapinion|