Subscribe to Hydrapinion RSS 2.0 feed Subscribe to Hydrapinion

Recent Posts

9 comments

Comment from: Kevin [Visitor]
Neither Fox nor Apple will get any of my money, on principle. I am happy to torrent Game of Thrones, and purchase the boxed sets when they are released. That seems fair to me.
19/04/13 @ 18:49
Comment from: Essjayeff [Visitor]
What bull. I subscribed legitimately to the season over iTunes because it was fast tracked. So I guess I'll go back to other methods next season.

I wanted Foxtel on my iPad only - but you can't subscribe to that without a physical connection in your home - which I don't want.

*sigh*
19/04/13 @ 19:04
Comment from: msd [Visitor]
HBO doesn't appear to understand the Australian market very well. If they had any sense they would prevent Foxtel from doing this. Or negotiate some deal where Foxtel gets a small cut of iTunes/Quickflix GOT downloads in Australia to compensate for perceived losses (though we're talking about quite different demographics imo).

I used to dl GOT but this season I have been paying to get the eps from iTunes because they are available QUICKLY, and in HD. (Something they should have been doing last year). I am never, ever going to pay $100 a month to get a couple of shows I really like. I will just go back to downloading next year, with no qualms at all.

HBO can make some money from people like me by supplying content to meet demand in a timely manner, or not. The choice is theirs. Clinging to old distribution models for dear life is foolish. The audience is in control now and they're way ahead of them. That audience isn't going to go back, it's too late for that, the horse has well and truly bolted.
21/04/13 @ 12:49
Comment from: Hmm [Visitor]
...and they wonder why piracy in Aus is high. If they do this, then the amount of people pirating these shows will increase ten fold. I have Foxtel but I WILL NOT pay $25 extra a month to watch 1 show (and mot get to keep it and (possibly) has ads).

If I was to watch GoT on Foxtel it will cost me $75 extra for the time GoT is on. I will not have the episodes to keep.
14/05/13 @ 13:48
Comment from: Phil [Visitor]
LOL if you think you're "forced" to torrent a TV show. I couldn't care less if you pirate it, I torrent stuff all the time, but I'm not so deluded that I think I'm "forced" to torrent it. I *choose* to torrent because I'm greedy and impatient. I could just as easily not watch it at all, but I want to, so I do.

"Forced" LOL. Like they're stopping you from breathing air or feeding your children.

Get some perspective you troglodytes.
14/05/13 @ 18:49
Comment from: Firefly [Visitor]
Madness. Utter madness. Just goes to show how out of touch, business is with the evolving digital market and consumer desires.
The world is shrinking. The power balance has shifted towards consumer preference. Accessibility is paramount here, but instead of embracing the change with open minds they tighten their first to control. Some things about human nature never change.
15/05/13 @ 08:44
Comment from: Damo [Visitor]
Foxtel just opened the flood gates for a massive increase in torrenting of coming GoT seasons.
19/05/13 @ 04:45
Comment from: Matto [Visitor] Email
For a awesomely popular show like GoT, the studios could make a buttload of cash by simply putting up a donations site and letting everyone torrent it. At least the first time did it anyway.
04/06/13 @ 13:05
Comment from: Peter [Visitor]
I will never put foxtel in home simply in principal. I paid for itunes. As far as i am concerned it is a lose,lose for everyone.
05/06/13 @ 23:21